The idea of being an air hostess or a flight attendant is fascinating to a lot of young people. This is why most of them want to know how much an air hostess’s salary in Ghana is. The job is a very lucrative one and comes with lots of fun as well.
In this post, we will discuss how much an air hostess earns in Ghana. We will also dive into what you need to do to become an air hostess.
Air hostess salary in Ghana
Since this occupation is very lucrative, you expect workers in this field to earn a lot. In Ghana, the amount of money taken home by an air hostess every month is not published.
However, we have been able to research to find out the general salary of flight attendants and stewards in Ghana. Depending on cadre and experience, flight attendants (including air hostesses) earn between GHC 5.08 and GHC 19.05 every hour.
Their job is to ensure that travelers are comfortable aboard flights and safe as well. To this end, you find them serving beverages and meals on flights. They also provide other services that are geared at providing comfort to passengers.
Behavioral skills required to become an air hostess
This job has to do with rendering services that lead to the passengers being comfortable on a flight. As such, it is required that you possess certain behavioral skills before you can be drafted. Some of these are described in the following paragraphs:
- Comely personality
It is not enough to look good, you need to have an attractive personality. You need to have a nice voice and be friendly with passengers.
- Great communication skills
You must be able to communicate in the lingua of the country where you work. Since the general language for communicating in Ghana is English, you have to be fluent. You must be able to understand the needs of passengers and proffer solutions to their problems.
- Ability to work under pressure
Even though there is a lot of fun on the job, there is also exposure to pressure. Several situations may lead to pressure mounting on flight attendants. Some of these include emergencies from weather and parts of the plane, overcrowding, etc. It is the duty of the air hostess to calm the passengers down in such periods. This is a feat that can only be achieved if you can work under pressure.
There are usually between 5 to 15 staff onboard a plane. It is imperative that an air hostess will be able to work with each of them and all of them.
- Working for long hours
As an air hostess, there are days when you have to work and travel for long hours. You cannot skip them or opt-out on those days. Certain times, flight delays may cause you to work an extra 4 to 5 hours. You need to be ready for this.
- Positive attitude
Regardless of what happens on board, you cannot afford to sulk. You must keep a positive attitude as long as you are on the job. This may not be easy to do always but it is important else you will agitate the passengers.
Air Hostess Courses
To become an air hostess, you have to get the necessary certificates. If you are really passionate about this job, then here are the different certificates you can get:
- Certificate Course
- Diploma Course
- Degree Course
Here’s a list of Certificate courses you can run on your way to becoming an air hostess:
- Air Hostess Management
- Air Hostess Training
- Airlines Hospitality
- Aviation Customer Service
- Aviation Management and Hospitality
- Cabin Crew/Flight Attendant
- Night Rating
- Aviation Management
- Air Hostess/Flight Purser
- Aviation and Hospitality Services
- Aviation Hospitality & Travel Management
- Hospitality Travel and Customer Service
- International Airlines and Travel Management
- Air Ticketing and Tourism
- Airport Ground Management
- Air RT/Radio Flight Officer
- International Air Cargo
- Certificate Courses in Personality Development
- Certificate in Aviation Security and Safety
- Private Pilot Training
- Commercial Pilot Training
Some of the Diploma courses include:
- Diploma in Air Hostess Training
- Diploma in Aviation and Hospitality Management
- Aviation and Hospitality Management
- Aviation Hospitality and Travel Management
- Diploma in Cabin Crew/Flight Attendant Training
- Diploma in Hospitality and Travel Management
- Diploma in Airport Management & Customer Care
- Diploma in Airlines Management
- Diploma in Professional Cabin Crew Services
- Diploma in Airlines and Travel Management
- Diploma in Hospitality, Travel, and Customer Service
Finally, a few of the Degree courses include:
- Bachelor of Hospitality and Travel Management
- Bachelor of Science (Air Hostess Training)
- Bachelor of Science (Aviation)
- Bachelor of Travel and Tourism Management
- BBA (Aviation)
There are several institutions where you can gain these qualifications within and outside Ghana.
Becoming an air hostess is not so difficult and the amount they earn is great as well. This is aside from the fact that you enjoy a lot of traveling and fun on the job. Good luck.
Read more on Professionals in Ghana
- How to Become a Journalist in Ghana (2020)
- Soldiers’ Training in Ghana: What Does It Entail? (2020)
- Air Hostess Salary in Ghana: See What They Earn (2020)
- How to Become a Football Referee in Ghana (2020)
- Salary of Bankers in Ghana: See What They Earn (2020)
- How to Become a Soldier in Ghana (2020)