Cement is a material used in the construction of houses, bridges and many other structures needed in the human environment. Cement is also one of the most valuable products in the construction industry.
Top 10 Cement Companies in Ghana
Ghana is one of many African countries manufacturing cement at commercial levels. Its local manufacturers have the capacity to produce about 7.4 million tons of cement every year which is 2.4 million tons above the annual consumption of the product in Ghana. However, the local industry faces tough competition as hundreds of thousand tons of bagged cement are imported into the country every year.
Cement manufacturing represents 3% of the total manufacturing industry in Ghana. However, it is one of the important employers of labor in the country.
In this article, we are going to list the Top 10 Cement Companies in Ghana.
Dangote Cement Ghana
Dangote Cement is the leading cement producer in Africa with operations in 10 African countries including Ghana. Dangote Cement began operation in Ghana in 2011 and is a leading cement producer in the country. However, the company imports and bags cement rather than producing the product in the country. Dangote Cement is one of the major competitors of local cement manufacturers in Ghana but the company has a strong reputation which makes it a preferred choice over local cement manufacturers.
Dangote Cement Ghana is the leading cement employer in Ghana with a manufacturing workforce of 2,000 people as of 2018. Another 20,000 people receive indirect employment due to the company’s presence.
The company has its cement terminal located in Tema which has the capacity to handle up to 1.5 million tons of bulk cement every year.
Diamond Cement Ghana Limited (DCGL)
Established in the year 2002 in the Ketu South District of the Volta Region, Diamond Cement Ghana is one of the largest cement manufacturers indigenous to Ghana. The company has a cement manufacturing capacity of 1.8 million tons per year through the aid of two grinding mills.
DCGL is one of the most environmentally friendly manufacturing companies and has been given a green (very good) rating by the Environmental Protection Agency (EPA) for 4 consecutive years since 2010. The company has also received several awards, certifications, and recognition since its inception.
CIMAF Ghana Cement
CimentsAfrique (CIMAF) is a Moroccan cement producer with a strong presence in Ghana. The company is one of the recognized cement manufacturers and one of the market leaders in the cement manufacturing industry.
CIMAF boasts of several cement plants including a newly constructed cement plant in Ghana. The company already has a cement producing capacity of 1 million tons per year and with the inauguration of its new plant in 2016, there should be an increase in this capacity.
CIMAF is also one of the major employers of labor in Ghana with thousands of Ghanaians in its workforce.
CBI Ghana is a new cement manufacturer striving to make a name for itself in the construction industry. The company owns a cement grinding plant at the Tema Free Zones Enclave and is a rising employer of labor in Ghana.
With a workforce of hundreds of Ghanaians, the company hopes to take the spot as the leading cement manufacturer in Ghana. CBI Ghana is affiliated with LafargeHolcim, the top cement manufacturing company in the world with a presence in 90 countries.
CBI Ghana cement products are sold under the brand name “Supacem”.
Ghacem Limited is one of the oldest cement manufacturers in Ghana. Established in 1967 and with more than 50 years of experience in the cement manufacturing industry, Ghacem prides itself as a cement leading company in Ghana. The company has two cement grinding plants in Tema and Takoradi.
Dzata Cement is one of the new cement manufacturing companies in the construction industry. The company’s entrance into the cement manufacturing business was quite controversial as it was entangled in a bank loan scandal. However, the company’s grinding plant located in Tema has a production capacity of 2 million tons of cement per year. The company is also one of the significant employers of labor in Ghana as it provides 1,200 direct jobs to Ghanaians.
Savannah Cement is a notable cement manufacturing company in Ghana. Their cement grinding plant which has a production capacity 440,000 tons of cement per year is located in Buipe in the northern region of Ghana.
Western Diamond Cement Limited
Established in 2015, Western Diamond Cement Limited is one of the new cement manufacturing companies in the heart of Ghana. They launched their cement product under the brand name “Diamond Cement”. Western Diamond produces 42.5 and 32.5 rapid cement which is of the highest quality.
African Concrete Products Limited
African Concrete Products is a leading cement company in Ghana that deals mainly in the distribution of cement products to the final consumers. The company has been in operation for over 60 years and prides itself as one of the largest cement suppliers in Ghana that is indigenous to the country and wholly-owned by Ghanaians.
ABBANSCO Concrete Products
ABBANSCO Concrete Products is one of the leading concrete manufacturing companies owned by Ghanaians. The company is also a concrete supplier in the country. ABBANSCO is not just a market leader in the manufacturing and supplying of concrete products in Ghana, they are also a pacesetter for future concrete product manufacturers. They offer training and promotion to these manufacturers to help them excel in the industry.
ABBANSCO has a large network of offices spread across the city of Ghana. These offices offer high-quality services and deliver only high-quality ABBANSCO concrete products,
That concludes the article on the Top 10 cement companies in Ghana. In this article, you will find the market leaders in the industry including the new sets of manufacturers who are still striving to make a name in the industry. Before buying cement (whether in bulk or small amounts) from any company ensure you check the customer reviews, quality, and popularity of the company and its products before finalizing your purchase.
Read more from directories in Ghana
- Top 10 Cement Companies in Ghana (2022)
- Top 10 Highest Paying Jobs in Ghana (2022)
- List of Electrical Companies in Ghana (2022)
- Top 10 Construction Companies in Ghana (2022)
- 10 Best SHS Schools in Ghana (WAEC STANDARD) (2022)
- Marketing Companies in Ghana (2022)
- Top 10 Shipping Companies in Ghana (2022)
- List of Companies in Kumasi (2022)
- List of Indian Companies in Ghana (2022)
- How to Become a Lawyer in Ghana (2022)
- Top 10 Online Stores in Ghana in 2022
- Top Delivery Companies in Ghana (2022)
- Top 5 Generator Companies in Ghana
- Top 10 Richest Companies in Ghana (2022)
- The Best Beaches in Accra, Ghana
- Top Engineering Companies in Ghana (2022)
- Top 10 Bottling Companies in Ghana (2021)
- List of Advertising Agencies in Ghana (2021)
- 10 Best Hospitals in Accra 2021
- List of Airlines in Ghana (2021)
- List of International Companies in Ghana (2022)
- Top ICT Companies in Ghana and their Locations (2021)
- Top 10 Insurance Companies In Ghana (2022)
- Top 10 Phone Shops in Ghana & Locations
- Top 5 CCTV Companies in Ghana
- List of Banks in Ghana (2021)
- Top 100 Senior High Schools In Ghana (2021)
- List of Fashion Schools in Ghana (Accredited) (2021)
- Top 10 Drilling Companies in Ghana (2022)
- Top 10 Roofing Companies in Ghana (2022)
- Multinational Companies in Ghana (2022)
- List of Banks in Ghana and Their Interest Rates (2021)
- List of Journalism Schools in Ghana (Accredited) (2021)
- Top 10 Investment Companies in Ghana (2022)
- 10 Best Hospitals in Ghana 2021
- List Of Travel Agencies In Ghana (2021)
- Top 10 Oil Companies in Ghana (2022)
- Recruitment Agencies in Ghana (2022)
- Recycling Companies in Ghana (2022)
- List of Prisons in Ghana
- Top 10 HR Companies in Ghana (2021)
- List of Chinese Company in Ghana (2022)
- 10 Best Hangouts in Accra, Ghana (2021)
- Top Security Companies in Ghana (2021)
- Real Estate Companies in Ghana: The Top 10
- Top 10 Mining Companies in Ghana (2021)
- List of Ethnic Groups in Ghana & Details
- Top 10 Cleaning Companies in Ghana (2021)
- Top 5 Biscuit Companies in Ghana (2021)
- Top 10 Haulage Companies in Ghana (2021)
- Manufacturing Companies in Ghana (2022)
- Top 10 Richest Pastors in Ghana (2021)
- Top 10 Investment Companies in Ghana (2021)
- Solar Companies in Ghana (2021)
- List of Energy Companies in Ghana (2022)
- Top 20 Hotels in Kumasi, Ghana (2021)