The best hospitals in Accra are well-equipped with the right facilities to take care of the sick or injured. They also boast of well-trained personnel who offer the best of services.
Going to a hospital with the right facilities and qualified personnel is very important. This way you will be able to get the right treatment and care which aids in speedy recovery.
In this article, we will list the best hospitals in Accra, Ghana. Some of these hospitals are general hospitals meaning that they handle almost every medical problem. Others are specialist hospitals and they handle only a specific medical condition.
No matter the problem you have, you should be able to get a good hospital that will handle it perfectly and provide you with the solution you seek.
10 Best Hospitals in Accra
1. Korle-Bu Teaching Hospital
Korle-Bu Teaching Hospital is a public tertiary hospital in Ghana and the premier health-care facility in the country. Located in Accra, the hospital has a 2,000-bed capacity making it the largest hospital in the Accra.
There have been several improvements in the hospital including the addition of the National Plastic and Reconstructive Surgery and the Radiotherapy Centres in 2019.
It is a general hospital which means it attends to every medical problem. It has a quality team of professionals and the right facilities. Korle-Bu Teaching Hospital is one of the oldest hospitals in Ghana. It has remained among the best hospitals in the country since it was established in 1923.
2. La General Hospital
La General Hospital is another popular hospital in the city of Accra. The hospital is located in the La area of the city. Just like Korle-Bu Teaching Hospital, it provides medical help for all kinds of illnesses and injuries, however, it is not as popular as Korle-Bu.
The hospital was formerly a clinic and known as La Polyclinic before being upgraded to the status of a general healthcare center.
3. NYAHO Medical Centre
NYAHO Medical Centre is another popular choice to consider. The hospital was established in 1970 to provide health care services to the general public.
The hospital is a general hospital and has several specialist clinics. Some of its specialist clinics include Dermatology, dietetics, dentistry, cardiology, and anesthesia.
NYAHO Medical Centre has one of the best facilities in the country. Their personnel is also well-trained with the latest medical practices that ensure they provide only high-quality services.
This has been the key to the success of the hospital and why we consider it as one of the best hospitals in Accra.
4. EURACARE Advanced Diagnostics & Heart Centre
EURACARE is the first specialist hospital on our list. Located in the heart of Accra, the hospital offers one of the best diagnostic services with cutting-edge technology that is second to none in the city.
EURACARE also boasts of well-trained personnel certified in the U.K. and the U.S. who go through the diagnostic reports and provide the most accurate interpretations.
Their facilities include a clinical laboratory and a cardiac catheterization laboratory. They also offer dental services through the use of sophisticated machines like the in-house 3-D Dental Panoramic X-ray machine.
5. The Trust Hospital
The Trust Hospital is fairly new as it was established in 1992, however, it is one of the well-equipped hospitals in Accra. The hospital was initially established as a not-for-profit health center for SSNIT staff but upgraded to offer services to the general public.
The Trust Hospital has several clinics spread across Accra which is also well equipped. They boast of some of the best health professionals in the city.
6. Ridge Hospital
Ridge Hospital is among the oldest hospitals in the Greater Accra Region of Ghana. Although it is not as old as the Korle-Bu Teaching Hospital, it boasts of the right facilities and a good number of trained personnel.
The hospital was initially established to provide health care services for British nationals. It was later upgraded to a full-fledged hospital that serves the general public.
7. Accra Psychiatric Hospital
Accra Psychiatric Hospital is a specialist hospital that focuses on the treatment, welfare, and rehabilitation of individuals with mental disorders. It is one of the largest psychiatric hospitals in Ghana with a capacity to accommodate about 600 patients.
It also has the right facilities that take care of the patients with adequate well-trained personnel to see to the welfare of the patients.
It offers services in Clinical Psychology, Social Work, Electro Convulsive Therapy, Rehab for Alcohol Abuse and OPD.
8. Crown Medical Centre
Crown Medical Centre is a general hospital in Adenta – Powerland, Accra. The hospital boasts of state-of-art facilities with experienced and seasoned healthcare professionals.
Its services are offered to the general public and are quite affordable for their quality. Its high-quality services have earned it a reputation in the city of Accra. This is why we decided to add it up to our list.
If you are looking for medical services like Nutrition Consultations and Pediatric Check-Ups then Crown Medical Centre is the place to be.
9. Bemuah Royal Hospital
Bemuah Royal Hospital is a private hospital in East Legon, Accra. Unlike many other hospitals which are known for their quality medical services which are either treatment or rehabilitation of patients,
Bemuah Royal Hospital is mostly known for services related to laboratory and pharmacy. We consider it a top choice only in those areas as it is not NHIS accredited.
10. Champion Divine Clinic
Champion Divine Clinic is an infertility specialist hospital. It uses herbal machines to offers services that should provide solutions to infertility.
The clinic is a go-to destination for those with this problem in Accra. It has remained a top choice for most people as several positive reviews from previous visitors to the clinic continue to maintain its reputation.
When picking a hospital in Accra, it is important you go for the best. You should always look at the facilities of the hospital before settling for it. However, the qualifications of professionals in hospitals are very important and should not be overlooked.
Most hospitals listed here have the best facilities with experienced and seasoned professionals that provide high-quality medical services to patients.
Read more on Ghana directories
- Top 10 Investment Companies in Ghana (2021)
- Top 10 Online Stores in Ghana in 2021
- Top Delivery Companies in Ghana (2021)
- How to Become a Lawyer in Ghana (2021)
- Top 10 Mining Companies in Ghana (2021)
- List of Chinese Company in Ghana (2021)
- Top 10 Shipping Companies in Ghana (2021)
- List of Companies in Kumasi (2021)
- List of Ethnic Groups in Ghana & Details
- Marketing Companies in Ghana (2021)
- List of Indian Companies in Ghana (2021)
- List of Banks in Ghana (2021)
- Top 10 Insurance Companies In Ghana
- List of Energy Companies in Ghana (2021)
- Top 20 Hotels in Kumasi, Ghana (2021)
- Recruitment Agencies in Ghana (2021)
- The Best Beaches in Accra, Ghana
- Top 5 CCTV Companies in Ghana
- Top 5 Generator Companies in Ghana
- Real Estate Companies in Ghana: The Top 10
- Top 10 Richest Companies in Ghana
- Top 10 Roofing Companies in Ghana (2021)
- List of Advertising Agencies in Ghana (2021)
- List of Prisons in Ghana
- Top 10 Investment Companies in Ghana (2021)
- List of Fashion Schools in Ghana (Accredited) (2021)
- 10 Best SHS Schools in Ghana (WAEC STANDARD) (2021)
- Top 10 Richest Pastors in Ghana (2021)
- Top ICT Companies in Ghana and their Locations (2021)
- Top 10 Highest Paying Jobs in Ghana (2021)
- List of International Companies in Ghana (2021)
- Top 100 Senior High Schools In Ghana (2021)
- List of Journalism Schools in Ghana (Accredited) (2021)
- List of Electrical Companies in Ghana (2021)
- Top 10 Haulage Companies in Ghana (2021)
- Top Security Companies in Ghana (2021)
- 10 Best Hangouts in Accra, Ghana (2021)
- Top 10 Construction Companies in Ghana (2021)
- Top 10 Cleaning Companies in Ghana (2021)
- List of Banks in Ghana and Their Interest Rates (2021)
- Top Engineering Companies in Ghana (2021)
- Top 10 Oil Companies in Ghana (2021)
- Top 5 Biscuit Companies in Ghana (2021)
- 10 Best Hospitals in Accra 2021
- Top 10 Drilling Companies in Ghana (2021)
- Multinational Companies in Ghana (2021)
- Top 10 Cement Companies in Ghana (2021)
- Top 10 Bottling Companies in Ghana (2021)
- Solar Companies in Ghana (2021)
- List Of Travel Agencies In Ghana (2021)
- List of Airlines in Ghana (2021)
- Recycling Companies in Ghana (2021)
- Manufacturing Companies in Ghana (2021)
- Top 10 HR Companies in Ghana (2021)
- Top 10 Phone Shops in Ghana & Locations
- 10 Best Hospitals in Ghana 2021