Ghana’s fast-rising economy and political stability have made it a great location for investment from foreign companies. There are a good number of foreign companies which have set up a branch, firm or factory in Ghana. Among these foreign companies includes Indian companies.
Ghana is home to some of the largest Indian multinational companies. These companies offer employment to a large number of Ghanaians which places them among the major employers of labor in the private sector.
We’re going to provide a list of all the Indian companies in Ghana. These companies are either currently running their businesses in the country through importation and distribution or have a factory within the country.
List of Indian Companies in Ghana
TATA Group is one of India’s largest conglomerates with over 700,000 employees all over the world. TATA group began as a trading company in 1870, when Jamestji Tata decided to start off his own company at the age of 31.
He began buying bankrupt companies, repurposing them and selling them off to make a profit. He went on to open the Taj Mahal Hotel in 1903. The hotel was the first with electricity in India.
TATA began acquiring more companies in the foreign market in 1991. Today it has hundreds of companies in India and in the foreign market as its subsidiaries. Some of these companies operate with the TATA name in them while others operate without it.
The TATA group turned its sights to Africa as some countries in the continent began to grow economically. TATA has a presence in Ghana through several acquisitions and collaborations with some Ghanaian companies.
It is recognized as one of the major Indian companies in Ghana and also one of the most attractive multinational conglomerates in the country.
TATA group continues to expand in Ghana where it has set up a permanent base. The fast-growing Ghanaian economy has encouraged the company to make more investments which have provided more employment opportunities for Ghanaians.
Bharti Airtel Limited
Bharti Airtel Limited or just Airtel is an Indian telecommunications service company. The company offers its services in many countries in South Asia and Africa. Airtel began its journey in 1995.
It crossed the 2 million mobile subscriber mark in 1997 becoming one of the fastest-growing telecommunications services company. Airtel began expanding to other countries in Asia and to Africa in the early 2000s. Today, it has a presence in more than 10 countries in these continents.
In Ghana, Airtel has been able to build a large subscriber base due to the quality and affordability of its services. It merged with Tigo in 2017 which grew its subscriber base to over 10 million.
Due to the merger, Airtel Ghana was renamed to AirtelTigo. It is currently the second-largest mobile network operator in Ghana.
AirtelTigo offers telecommunications and data services. It is a major employer of labor in Ghana due to its expansive network that allows it to offer services to customers in any part of Ghana.
AirtelTigo remains one of the best choices for phone users due to the quality and affordability of their services.
Tech Mahindra Limited
Tech Mahindra Limited is a subsidiary of the Mahindra Group. The Mahindra Group is one of the largest conglomerates in India. The conglomerate is affiliated to a lot of companies and has hundreds of subsidiaries under it.
The group has a presence in various sectors of the economy including agribusiness, aerospace, components, information technology, industrial equipment, real estate, and retail.
The group was founded in 1945 and currently has a workforce of more than 240,000 employees. The Mahindra Group has a strong presence in more than 60 countries all over the world.
It carries out business in Ghana through Tech Mahindra Limited. Tech Mahindra Limited offers IT services and IT consulting. The company was founded in 1986 in a joint venture with British Telecom.
It has undergone several mergers and acquisition to become what it is today. One of its most important acquisitions was done in 2014. It acquired Lightbridge Communications Corporations (LCC), which was the largest independent telecom services company in the world at that time.
Lightbridge Communications Corporations had a presence in over 50 countries all over the world which gave Tech Mahindra a chance to expand to other countries.
Currently, it is one of the most reputable Indian companies in Ghana.
Bank of Baroda
The Bank of Baroda is one of the few Indian companies in Ghana that isn’t owned by an individual or a non-governmental organization. The financial institution which is owned by the Government of India offers banking and financial services.
The Bank of Baroda was founded in 1908 by Maharaja Sayajirao Gaekwad III. The bank began to expand to African countries like Kenya and Uganda where it severed Indians in these countries.
It went on to open a branch in London which was a big step as London was the more important international banking center at the time. The Bank of Baroda made several acquisitions and undergone mergers with more than 10 banks to get to where it is today.
One of such acquisitions was in 2018, when it merged with Vijaya Bank and Dena Bank, then becoming the country’s third-largest lender.
The Bank of Baroda is one of the largest financial institutions in the world with more than 9500 branches and 10441 ATMs in many countries all over the world. It currently ranks as the second-biggest bank by assets in India.
It has an international presence in 24 countries. In Ghana, it is known for its high-quality banking services and excellent investment packages.
The Bank of Baroda has not stopped expanding since it was established. It continues to seek permission to build new offices in Ghana so as to reach more customers in other areas of the country.
These Indian multinational companies are among the best multinational companies in Ghana and the world. They are the favorites of most Ghanaians due to their high-quality services. They also generate revenue for the government through the payment of taxes and reduce the unemployment rate in Ghana by employing Ghanaians.
Read more from directories in Ghana
- Top 10 Investment Companies in Ghana (2023)
- Top 10 Highest Paying Jobs in Ghana (2023)
- List of Chinese Company in Ghana (2023)
- List of Ethnic Groups in Ghana & Details
- List of Banks in Ghana (2023)
- Top 10 Richest Companies in Ghana (2023)
- Real Estate Companies in Ghana: The Top 10
- Top 10 HR Companies in Ghana (2023)
- Top 5 Generator Companies in Ghana
- Top 5 CCTV Companies in Ghana
- Top 10 Bottling Companies in Ghana (2023)
- Recruitment Agencies in Ghana (2023)
- 10 Best Hospitals in Ghana 2023
- Top 10 Phone Shops in Ghana & Locations
- List of Fashion Schools in Ghana (Accredited) (2023)
- Manufacturing Companies in Ghana (2023)
- Recycling Companies in Ghana (2023)
- Top Security Companies in Ghana (2023)
- The Best Beaches in Accra, Ghana
- 10 Best Hangouts in Accra, Ghana (2023)
- Top 10 Drilling Companies in Ghana (2023)
- List of Energy Companies in Ghana (2023)
- Top 10 Haulage Companies in Ghana (2023)
- List of International Companies in Ghana (2023)
- Top 10 Roofing Companies in Ghana (2023)
- Top Engineering Companies in Ghana (2023)
- Multinational Companies in Ghana (2023)
- 10 Best SHS Schools in Ghana (WAEC STANDARD) (2022)
- The List of Careers in General Arts in Ghana
- List of Television Stations in Ghana
- List of security agencies in Ghana
- List of Police Training Schools in Ghana
- List of Paramount Rulers in Ghana
- List of Military Schools in Ghana
- List of Castles in Ghana
- TCL Branch Locations in Ghana
- List of UBA Branches in Ghana
- List of Hisense Branches in Ghana
- A List of Cocoabod Branches in Ghana
- List of QNET Branches in Ghana
- List of Consolidated Bank Branches in Ghana
- The Full List of Delivery Companies in Ghana
- A Full List of Nestle Ghana Products
- List of Prisons in Ghana
- List of Advertising Agencies in Ghana (2022)
- Solar Companies in Ghana (2022)
- List of Journalism Schools in Ghana (Accredited) (2022)
- List of Airlines in Ghana (2022)
- Top 10 Mining Companies in Ghana (2022)
- Top Delivery Companies in Ghana (2022)
- Top 10 Insurance Companies In Ghana (2022)
- Top 10 Oil Companies in Ghana (2022)
- Top 20 Hotels in Kumasi, Ghana (2022)
- Top 10 Richest Pastors in Ghana (2022)
- Top 10 Cleaning Companies in Ghana (2022)
- Top 10 Investment Companies in Ghana (2022)
- List Of Travel Agencies In Ghana (2022)
- 10 Best Hospitals in Accra 2022
- Top 10 Cement Companies in Ghana (2022)
- List of Electrical Companies in Ghana (2022)
- Top 10 Construction Companies in Ghana (2022)
- Marketing Companies in Ghana (2022)
- Top 10 Shipping Companies in Ghana (2022)
- List of Companies in Kumasi (2022)
- List of Indian Companies in Ghana (2022)
- How to Become a Lawyer in Ghana (2022)
- Top 10 Online Stores in Ghana in 2022