Apple has created a niche for itself as a producer of high-end phones with great quality. No wonder the company gets huge patronage all over the world, even from people outside the high class. When all of this is considered it becomes understandable why anyone will be in search of the latest prices of the iPhone 6 in Ghana. Though the iPhone 6 is not the most recent of mobile devices to be put on the market by Apple it is one of the most coveted and you will know why after reading this article.
Looking at the iPhone 6 it is evident that Apple began a new trend of design with the smartphone. The first thing the company changed is the design and size. Prior to the iPhone 6 other Apple phones come with a 3.5 to 4-inch screen. An overview of the current market and you will observe that small-sized screens have become obsolete. This is part of what Apple fixed with the iPhone 6.
In case you were wondering if the phone will still be as sleek and comfortable as its predecessors you need not fret as the iPhone 6 is probably even sleeker than its predecessors. There is more than even makes this smartphone almost perfect. The performance is far better than its predecessors. It is equipped with a better display, speed, a long-awaited software upgrade, and an amazing design. It looks like Apple got everything right on this one, don’t you think?
What we want to achieve with this post is to place before you the advantages and disadvantages of the iPhone 6 as well as the prices in Ghana. Why? To make it easy for you to make your choice. Without further waste of time let’s get down to the business of the day.
iPhone 6 specifications and features
Hardware and design
The first thing you will notice with this phone is that it is considerably slimmer than its predecessors even though it is obviously larger in size. It is this balance that makes it maintain the sleekness Apple products are in high demand for. The iPhone 6 is 6.9mm thick compared to the iPhone 5s which is 7.6mm. The phone comes with the regular rounded edges characteristic of iPhones but this time the sides are also curved. The back of the phone is made of anodized aluminum which the same material used in Mac books. This makes it more durable than its predecessors while being attractive at the same time. You will also find the Touch ID fingerprint sensor attached to the home button. How about that for security?
Asides from all of these, Apple has effected a few other changes to its design on this smartphone. For example, the power button is no longer on top, it sits at the side of the phone. There is more. The logo is now made from a stainless steel inlay. The phone comes in three colors which are space grey, silver, and gold.
Storage and Processors
The processor in the iPhone 6 is an upgrade from what you find in the iPhone 5S. The new processor is the Apple A8 chip. Though this chip is still 64-bit like the A7 in the previous iPhones, it promises better graphics and processing experience. With this processor, iPhone 6 is bound to work faster and better on the iOS 8 operating system. The phone also comes with a 1.4GHz dual-core processor which runs on 1GB of RAM. This isn’t so great considering there are phones with higher specifications now but it f you want to run normal use on the phone it is just perfect.
iPhone 6 comes in several variants with respect to internal memory. It initially was designed with 16GB, 64GB, and 128GB in September 2014 when the phone first reached the market. In 2017 however, a new 32GB variant was added. This provides you with a total of four variants to choose from based on your memory needs. You should note that the phone doesn’t come with an external memory card slot.
NFC and Apple Pay support
A major talking point is the newly added feature of NFC support and Apple Pay. With these, you can activate and make payments online but the service is still restricted to the US for now. But be sure the service will come in handy any time you really need it because more and more vendors are getting signed up. You can easily store your card information on your device and pay remotely with divulging card details every time you need to make a payment.
One will hardly get a phone if the camera is not up to par. Apple knows this and so they have installed a great camera on the iPhone 6. Though the camera is the same as the phone’s predecessor, 8MP, it is wired to produce clearer and faster pictures. This is because it now comes with a dual-LED flash. Asides from, this the camera is equipped with HDR which allows you to record 1080p HD videos. The front camera is 1.2MP which is quite low but the compensation is you can shoot 720p HD videos.
iPhone 6 price and availability in Ghana
You definitely read this far because you want to know how much the iPhone 6 costs in Ghana and where you can buy it as well. For the best deals, you can visit Jumia Ghana or any other online vendor. Currently, the price for iPhone 6 is GHS1,790. You can also get the phone from phone stores around the country like Telefonika.
Here is a summary of the specifications of the iPhone 6:
- Platform: iOS 8
- Processor: 1.4GHz dual-core 64-bit Processor (Apple A8)
- GPU: Hexa-core Graphics Processor
- Memory: 1 GB RAM
- Colours: Gold, Silver, Space Grey
- Dimension: 138.1 x 67 x 6.9 mm
- Weight: 129 g
- SIM Type: Nano SIM
- SIM Count: Single SIM
- Display: 4.7-inch IPS Display, 750 x 1334 pixels (326ppi)
- Screen Protection: Yes (Shatterproof Glass)
- Rear Camera: 8 MP Camera, Dual-LED Flash, 1080p HD Video
- Rear Camera Features: Autofocus, Geo-tagging, HDR, Face Detection, Panorama, Slo-mo video
- Front Camera: 1.2 MP Camera, BSI, 720p HD FaceTime Video
- Built-in Storage: 16 GB, 64 GB, or 128 GB Storage
- Memory Card Support: No
- Bundled Cloud Storage: Yes, iCloud
- 2G GSM: 850 / 900 / 1800 / 1900MHz
- 2G CDMA 1X: 800 / 1700 / 1900 / 2100MHz (CDMA version)
- 3G WCDMA: 850 / 900 / 1700 / 1900 / 2100MHz
- 3G CDMA EVDO: Yes (CDMA version)
- 4G LTE: 700 / 800 / 1700 / 1800 / 2600MHz (not in all models)
Internet & Connectivity
- GPRS: Yes
- EDGE: Yes
- 3G/WCDMA/HSPA: Yes, up to 21Mbps
- HSPA+: Yes, up to 42Mbps
- CDMA EVDO: Yes, up to 3.1 Mbps (CDMA version)
- 4G LTE: Yes, up to 150Mbps
- WLAN: Wi-Fi 802.11 a/b/g/n/ac, dual-band
- Wi-Fi Hotspot: Yes
- Bluetooth: Yes, Bluetooth 4.0 with A2DP, LE
- NFC: Yes
- Infrared Blaster: No
- USB Port: Yes, microUSB 2.0
- SMS/MMS: Yes
- Instant Messaging: Yes
- Push Emails: Yes
- Email Protocol: IMAP4, POP3, SMTP
- Music Player: Yes, mp3, WAV, FLAC, eACC+
- Video Player: Yes, MPEG4, H.263, H.264, XviD
- FM Radio: No
- Loudspeaker: Yes
- 3.5mm Jack: Yes
- Navigation: Yes, GPS with A-GPS, GLONASS
- Maps: Yes, Google Maps
Sensors & Control
- Digital Compass: Yes
- Accelerometer: Yes
- Proximity Sensor: Yes
- Light Sensor: Yes
- Barometer: Yes
- Pedometer: Yes
- Gyroscope: Yes
- Fingerprint Scanner: Yes (TouchID)
- Iris Scanner: No
- Intelligent Digital Assistant: Yes (Siri)
- Motion Sensing / Gesture Control: –
- Voice Control: Yes
- Video Streaming: Yes
- Active Noise Cancellation: Yes (with dedicated mic)
- Fingerprint Resistant Coating: Yes (oleophobic coating)
- Mobile Payment: Yes, Apple Pay with NFC (Visa, MasterCard, etc)
- M8 Motion coprocessor: Measures your steps, distance, elevation as well as share tasks with the main processor
- Wireless Charging: No
- Water Resistant: No
- Dust Resistant: –
- Image Editor: Yes
- Video Editor: Yes
- Document Viewer: Yes
- Document Editor: Yes
- Battery: 1,810 mAh Non-removable Battery
- Standby time: up to 250 Hours
- Talktime: up to 14 hours
- Music Playback: up to 50 hours
See Prices of Other Mobile Phones in Ghana
- How Much Is iPhone 7 Plus in Ghana?
- iPhone 7 prices in Ghana (2022)
- iPhone 5S Price In Ghana (2022)
- PlayStation 4 Prices in Ghana (2022)
- Samsung Galaxy S8 Price In Ghana (2022)
- iPhone 6 Prices in Ghana (2022)
- Glo Ghana Data Plans and Bundles (2022)
- iPhone X prices in Ghana (2022)
- PS3 Prices in Ghana (2022)
- Airtel Ghana Data Plans and Bundles (2022)
- Mtn Ghana 4G Data Plans: Why You Should Start Using It.
- Glo Ghana Data Bundles, Prices & Subscription Codes