The LG V20 is more like an upgrade to the LG V10 and like all upgrades, it comes packed with many advanced features that should suit the needs of every android user.
In this post, we are going to review the specs and reveal the current price of the LG V10 in Ghana.
LG V20 Price in Ghana
- 32GB version: GH₵ 569 – GH₵ 699
- 64GB version: GH₵ 599 – GH₵ 900
LG V10 Review
The LG V20 features a full-round metallic build which we consider to be a much-needed improvement since metal is more likely to last through scratches and wear and tear. The only part of the device with plastic material is the two thin strips at the top and bottom of the back panel.
Overall, the LG V20 has a nice build, but it lacks the uniqueness of the LG V10 and honestly, LG would have done a lot more with the design. The good news is that the smartphone is very resistant to drops, so you can bet that this device would last long enough.
Moving on to the screen, we can say that LG really did us proud here. The V20 features an LCD panel which improves the overall quality of the design. The 5.7-inch screen with 513 ppi density features well-represented colors.
The LG V10 packs a 16 MP + 8 MP rear cameras which can shoot 2160p@30fps, 1080p@30fps, 720p@120fps videos. In the LG V20, things are pretty much the same. Sadly, the 16 MP + 8 MP combo has just about the image and video quality as that of the LG V10. You also get features like Dual-LED flash, HDR, and panorama which should boost your overall user experience.
Just like the rear camera, the front camera offers nothing new. It still has the same 5MP selfie camera with a video quality of 1080p@30fps.
While the image and video quality are nowhere near high-end smartphones like the iPhone and Samsung Galaxy series, it just good enough for the average phone user.
Hardware, Software, and Performance
The major upgrades in the LG V20 are in its software, and you will appreciate these upgrades when you run apps on the smartphone. The V20 comes with a Qualcomm Snapdragon processor with a speed of 2.15GHz. This is significantly better than the 1.8GHz of the LG V10. The more speed, the more apps you can run simultaneously. This makes for a better user experience.
What’s more? The LG V20 comes with two in-built storage options – 32GB and 64GB. Just like the V10, it has a 4GB RAM which is not really an upgrade but is still great for heavy phone users.
A faster processor means you can do more in a shorter amount of time with the LG V20. This also means the smartphone will drain quickly and a bigger better battery would be necessary to keep things going smoothly. But it seems LG didn’t get the memo as the V20 comes with the same 3200 mAh removable battery you can find in the V10.
This means the battery will run down pretty fast. Luckily, its fast charging feature should get the battery fully charged in just an hour.
Below are the complete specs of the LG V20. If you’re going for this phone, it is important that you go through the specs and confirm that they meet your needs before making a purchase. Nevertheless, LG V20 is a great device that should meet the needs of the average user.
- Release Date: October 2016
- Platform: Android 7.0 (Nougat), upgradable to Android 9.0 (Pie)
- Processor: Quad-core (2×2.15 GHz Kryo)
- GPU: Adreno 530
- Memory: 4GB RAM
- Colours: Titan, Silver, Pink
- Dimension: 159.7 x 78.1 x 7.6 mm
- Weight: 174 g (6.14 oz)
- SIM Type: Nano SIM
- SIM Count: Single SIM or Dual SIM
- Screen Size: 5.7 inches IPS LCD (~72.4% screen-to-body ratio)
- Resolution: 1440 x 2560 pixels, 16:9 ratio
- Screen Protection: Corning Gorilla Glass 4
- Foldable Display: No
- Rear Camera: 16MP (standard) + 8MP (ultrawide), 2160p@30fps, 1080p@30fps, 720p@120fps Videos
- Rear Camera Features: Dual-LED flash, HDR, panorama
- Front Camera: 5MP 1080p@30fps
- Built-in Storage: 32GB / 64GB
- Memory Card Support: up to 1 TB (dedicated slot)
- Bundled Cloud Storage: No
- Technology: GSM / HSPA / LTE
- 2G bands: GSM
- 3G bands: HSDPA
- 4G bands: LTE band
Internet & Connectivity
- GPS: Yes with A-GPS, GLONASS
- EDGE: Yes
- 3G/WCDMA/HSPA: Yes
- HSPA+: Yes
- CDMA EVDO: Yes
- 4G LTE: Yes (1 Gbps downloads)
- 5G: No
- WLAN: Wi-Fi 802. 11 a/b/g/n/ac, dual-band, Wi-Fi Direct, DLNA, hotspot
- Bluetooth: 4.2, A2DP, LE, aptX HD
- NFC: Yes
- Infrared Port: Yes
- USB Port: 2.0, Type-C 1.0 reversible connector
- SMS/MMS: Yes
- Instant Messaging: Yes
- Push Emails: Yes
- Email Protocol: Yes
- Music Player: Yes
- Video Player: Yes
- FM Radio: Yes, RDS (market dependent)
- Loudspeaker: Yes, Dolby Atmos, Dolby Digital Plus
- 5mm Jack: Yes
- Maps: Yes
Sensors & Control
- Digital Compass: Yes
- Accelerometer: Yes
- Proximity Sensor: Yes
- Light Sensor: No
- Barometer: Yes
- SpO2: No
- Pedometer: No
- Heart Rate Monitor: No
- Gyroscope: Yes
- Color Spectrum: Yes
- Fingerprint Scanner: Yes (rear-mounted)
- Iris Scanner: No
- Face Unlock: No
- Stylus Pen: No
- Intelligent Digital Assistant: Yes (Google Assistant)
- Motion Sensing / Gesture Control: –
- Voice Control: No
- Video Streaming: Yes
- Active Noise Cancellation: Yes (with dedicated mic)
- Wireless Charging: No
- Built-in Mobile Payment: No
- Water Resistant: No
- Dust Resistant: No
- Image Editor: Yes
- Video Editor: Yes
- Document Viewer: Yes
- Document Editor: Yes
- Battery: 3200 mAh Removable Li-Ion Battery
- Fast Charging: Quick Charge 3.0
- Charging Options: USB Power Delivery 2.0