List of Banks in Ghana
Bank Of Ghana
This is Ghana’s central bank, it is the regulating body of all other banks and financial institutions in Ghana. Recently it supervised the recapitalization of banks in Ghana to a capital base of GHC of 400 million (about $78 million). This resulted in the merger and acquisition of some banks by the Government of Ghana.
Access Bank Ghana
This is a member of Access bank group with headquarters in Lagos-Nigeria and a strong presence in eight sub-Saharan African countries. The bank has about 50 branches spread across Ghana. Access bank Ghana has been able to meet up with the GHC 400 million recapitalization base required by Bank of Ghana to be able to operate within the country.
Agricultural development bank Ghana is Ghana’s first development bank established in 1965 by Ghana’s government and Bank of Ghana to finance Ghana’s agricultural sector turning it into a profitable venture. It won an award in the year 2010 as the bank of the year by Africa Investor and Agribusiness Award in South Africa. The bank’s asset is grossed at over US$680 million with over 75 branches spread across Ghana and 4 farm loan offices.
Bank Of Africa Ghana Limited Aka Boa Ghana
This is a member of the Bank of Africa group with headquarters in Mali with assets worth over US$300 million. The bank has about 20 branches of which 8 are found within the Country’s capital and the rest are spread across Ghana’s 10 regions.
Barclays Bank Of Ghana Limited (Now Known As Absa Bank Limited)
This bank is a member of ABSA (Amalgamated Banks of South Africa) group limited with headquarter in South Africa. It offers a wide range of financial services. It has more than 60 branches and over 140 ATM spread across Ghana making it Ghana’s second largest bank.
Cal Bank Ghana
This is a bank established in 1990 to meet the needs of business entities in Ghana. It offers a wide range of innovative banking services to its customers. The bank has an asset base of more than US$ 265 million as at the year 2010.
EBG, with an asset base of US$ 120 million (as at 2011) is part of the Ecobank group operating in 32 countries (all of West African countries inclusive). The bank has more than 56 branches all across Ghana with more branches in the state capital than in any other regions. Being a commercial bank, the bank offers a wide range of competitive products and services to its teeming population.
Fidelity Bank Ghana
FBG is a bank owned by Ghanaian and foreign businessmen. The bank was licensed to operate in the country in 2006. The bank operates more than 75 branches and 120 ATM centres across the country.
Ghana Commercial Bank
Now legally known as GCB Ghana Limited, GCB is an indigenous bank with over 160 branches and more than 200 ATM centres in Ghana making it the largest bank in Ghana as at the year 2016. The bank was originally established with the purpose of financing the agricultural sector and businessmen, but now it offers a wide range of commercial products for various categories of people and businessmen.
Guaranty Trust Bank Ghana Limited
This is a member of Guarantee Trust bank Nig. Plc, a leading bank in Nigeria whose products and services can be accessed electronically.
National Investment Bank Ghana Limited
NIB was initially established as a development bank by the government of Ghana in the year 1963 but now it operates fully as a commercial bank in Ghana with over 50 branches.
Prudential Bank Ghana Limited
Prudential bank limited was licensed to operate in Ghana in 1993 to meet the needs of small and medium scale enterprises and individuals. It is a medium-sized bank with 29 branches.
Republic Bank Ghana Limited
The bank was established in 1990, it was formerly known as HFC bank. The bank offers mortgage, commercial banking, investment banking, and wealth management services. The bank has an asset base of US$234 million.
Societe Generale-Social Security Bank Ghana Limited
SG-SSG is a member of the Societe Generale bank with a presence in 17 African countries. It is the 7th largest bank in Ghana with over 45 branches and total assets worth US$554 million. It was established in Ghana in the year 1975.
Stanbic Bank Ghana Limited
Stanbic Bank, a member of the standard chartered bank group with headquarter in South Africa. It became formerly known as Stanbic bank in 1992 after acquiring ANZ Grindlays bank and all of its operations in Africa. Some of its products include retail banking, commercial banking, private banking, Asset management, mortgages and credit cards.
Standard Chartered Bank Ghana Limited
Standard chartered bank Ghana Limited is a subsidiary of Standard Chartered Bank PLC in London. It has been in operation in Ghana since 1896 making it the oldest bank in Ghana. The bank is a successor to Bank of British West Africa, Ghana.
United Bank For Africa Ghana Limited
UBA Ghana limited is a member of the United Bank for Africa group with headquarters in Lagos-Nigeria. The bank offers a wide range of commercial products and services.
Universal Merchant Bank Ghana Limited
Established in 1972 as a merchant bank, but introduced retail banking into its operation after acquiring universal banking license in 2005. The bank has about 10 branches with headquarter in Accra, Ghana.
Zenith Bank Ghana
This is a subsidiary of Zenith Bank Nig. PLC. It is a large bank with a strong presence in Ghana and another English speaking West African countries. Zenith banks offer so many products and services to serve their customers.
Consolidated Bank Ghana
Consolidated bank Ghana was formed in the year 2018 from the merger of Heritage bank Limited, premium Bank Limited, Sovereign limited, the construction bank Ghana limited, the Beige bank Ghana Limited, the Royal bank Limited and UniBank limited making it the second largest bank in Ghana. The bank is owned by the Government of Ghana and it offers a wide range of banking products and services.
First Atlantic Bank
It began operation in 1996 as a merchant bank but was granted Universal banking license in 2011. The bank’s branches are concentrated mainly in the Capital region of the country.
Read more from directories in Ghana
- Top 10 Investment Companies in Ghana (2021)
- Top 10 Online Stores in Ghana in 2021
- Top Delivery Companies in Ghana (2021)
- How to Become a Lawyer in Ghana (2021)
- Top 10 Mining Companies in Ghana (2021)
- List of Chinese Company in Ghana (2021)
- Top 10 Shipping Companies in Ghana (2021)
- List of Companies in Kumasi (2021)
- List of Ethnic Groups in Ghana & Details
- Marketing Companies in Ghana (2021)
- List of Indian Companies in Ghana (2021)
- List of Banks in Ghana (2021)
- Top 10 Insurance Companies In Ghana
- List of Energy Companies in Ghana (2021)
- Top 20 Hotels in Kumasi, Ghana (2021)
- Recruitment Agencies in Ghana (2021)
- The Best Beaches in Accra, Ghana
- Top 5 CCTV Companies in Ghana
- Top 5 Generator Companies in Ghana
- Real Estate Companies in Ghana: The Top 10
- Top 10 Richest Companies in Ghana
- Top 10 Roofing Companies in Ghana (2021)
- List of Advertising Agencies in Ghana (2021)
- List of Prisons in Ghana
- Top 10 Investment Companies in Ghana (2021)
- List of Fashion Schools in Ghana (Accredited) (2021)
- 10 Best SHS Schools in Ghana (WAEC STANDARD) (2021)
- Top 10 Richest Pastors in Ghana (2021)
- Top ICT Companies in Ghana and their Locations (2021)
- Top 10 Highest Paying Jobs in Ghana (2021)
- List of International Companies in Ghana (2021)
- Top 100 Senior High Schools In Ghana (2021)
- List of Journalism Schools in Ghana (Accredited) (2021)
- List of Electrical Companies in Ghana (2021)
- Top 10 Haulage Companies in Ghana (2021)
- Top Security Companies in Ghana (2021)
- 10 Best Hangouts in Accra, Ghana (2021)
- Top 10 Construction Companies in Ghana (2021)
- Top 10 Cleaning Companies in Ghana (2021)
- List of Banks in Ghana and Their Interest Rates (2021)
- Top Engineering Companies in Ghana (2021)
- Top 10 Oil Companies in Ghana (2021)
- Top 5 Biscuit Companies in Ghana (2021)
- 10 Best Hospitals in Accra 2021
- Top 10 Drilling Companies in Ghana (2021)
- Multinational Companies in Ghana (2021)
- Top 10 Cement Companies in Ghana (2021)
- Top 10 Bottling Companies in Ghana (2021)
- Solar Companies in Ghana (2021)
- List Of Travel Agencies In Ghana (2021)
- List of Airlines in Ghana (2021)
- Recycling Companies in Ghana (2021)
- Manufacturing Companies in Ghana (2021)
- Top 10 HR Companies in Ghana (2021)
- Top 10 Phone Shops in Ghana & Locations
- 10 Best Hospitals in Ghana 2021