Engineering makes use of science and maths principles and empirical evidence to design, construct, operate and maintain structures, machines, materials, devices, systems, processes, and organizations. Engineering applies knowledge and principles to solve human problems.
What are the fields of Engineering?
There are many fields of engineering, however, the major fields of engineering are listed below.
- Mechanical engineering uses the knowledge of engineering maths, physics, and material science to design, manufacture and maintain mechanical systems. It is a very wide engineering field.
- Civil and structural engineering deals with the design, construction, and maintenance of a physical and natural built environment which includes road, canals, dams, buildings, and railways.
- Electrical engineering is the application of electricity, electronics, and electromagnetism.
- Chemical engineering deals with the application of chemistry, physics, maths, biology and economics to produce, transform and transport materials, chemicals and energy
- Agricultural engineering which combines civil, mechanical, chemical and electrical engineering with agricultural principles to improve the efficacy and sustainability of agricultural practices
- Biomedical engineering applies design concepts and engineering principles to medicine and biology for health care purposes.
Engineering in Ghana is regulated by the Institute of Engineering and Technology, Ghana (IET) which registers Professional Engineers and Engineering companies to practice in Ghana.
Engineering Companies in Ghana
Wilkins Engineering Limited
This is an electrical/Engineering company established in 1993 with more than 20 years of experience in design and construction of sub-transmission network, power distribution networks, service connections, sub-stations, solar and wind power generation. Their goal is to provide electrical solutions to organizations, families and emerging markets through generation, transmission, and distribution of power.
The company is located at Obonu Crescent, North Kaneshie, Accra. Tel: +233302235671.
Bauer Engineering, Ghana
This is a subsidiary of Bauer Spezialtiefbau GmbH, a German Civil engineering company that specializes in foundation work, pits excavation, cut-off walls and ground improvement. Some of the construction methods used by the company include bored piles, diaphragm wall, ductile pile, ground anchors and soil improvement. The company is located at 6, Cotton Street, East Legon, Accra. Tel:
This is an engineering procurement and construction company incorporated in 2003 to deliver services in mechanical, electrical, piping and civil engineering. Currently, the company provides service support within the upstream and downstream oil and gas sector, mining and manufacturing industries. The company is located at C12, Goshen road, Tema. Tel: +233303300631/2.
This is a construction, logistics and oilfield services company that provides a wide range of specialized services to the power, oil and gas and marine sectors. Their services include construction and maintenance engineering, onshore and offshore labour services, environmental management services, power turbines, metering, transmission lines, and sub-stations. Their office is located at 18, Ghana Airways Avenue, Airport Residential area, Accra. Tel: +233302764097.
This is an aluminium product manufacturing company that has partnered with other major aluminium products manufacturing firms like Schuco, Raynaers, sky Frame, Etem and Elvial to execute major projects across the world. The company collaborated with other indigenous companies like Micheletti Company Ltd, Signum, Action Ghana to execute major projects in Ghana. Some of the projects executed include New French Embassy, Tse Addo Accra – 18 housing units, Nyaho Clinic – extension and renovations, etc. the company is located at Light Industrial Area, Spintex Road, Accra. Tel: +233506423908
Wilkado Construction Limited
The company was established in 1997 as a building and civil engineering construction company by William Dogbe. Their services include general building construction, real estate development and other civil engineering projects. The company has executed projects in Ashanti region, Greater Accra region, and Volta region. Their office is located along Spintex road, opposite coastal Estates. Tel: +233308133891
This is a biomedical engineering company with 14 biomedical Engineers and 18 biomedical equipment Technicians. The company has two major divisions: the technical division and the sales division. Their services include sales, installation, and maintenance of medical equipment, training of healthcare personnel on the use of biomedical equipment, in-house training, provision of electrical safety tests, pre-purchase technical support, planning of hospitals and project management. They are located at Kweitsuru Loop, North Kaneshie Accra. Tel:+233302260288
This is a software engineering company established 2016 with a specialty in website and web application development, management, optimization, and evolution. The company is credited with developing some of the multiple features uses on notifications and email marketing. Their office is located at 17B Link Gate Chalets, Legon Accra.
This is an engineering firm that provides petroleum and petrochemical testing and inspection services in Ghana. The Intertek takoradi facility is the main interteck location with a world-class laboratory for testing of petroleum products. Some of their product testing services include petroleum testing, crude oil quality testing and fuel testing. Their inspection services include petroleum cargo inspection, petrochemicals testing, cargo treatment services, metering and calibration, and inspecting bulk commodity cargos.
Orsam Limited, Ghana
This is a multinational Engineering firm that undertakes on maintenance and industrial facilities systems. Their services include Construction and maintenance of metallic structures assembly, steel metal works, piping, maintenance shutdown, storage facilities, and tanks fabrication, mechanical process installation and equipment. They are located at 10, Steelworks Road, Industrial Area, Tema. Tel: +23322206902
FAS Consult Limited
This is a multidisciplinary engineering consultancy company founded in 1994. To provide technical and professional services to its various clients. They render engineering and consultancy services in the following fields of engineering. Building services engineering, architecture, structural engineering, geotechnical engineering, water engineering, quantity surveying, geodetic engineering, training, procurement, and technical auditing. Their office is located at The Octagon, Barnes road, Accra Tel: +2330302632270
Bans Consult Limited
This is a registered consulting firm of civil, highway, airport engineers, Architects, planners, sociologist and project management consultants. Some of their services include the construction of motorways and bridges, airport runways and aprons facilities design, irrigation and drainage engineering, hydrographical and bathymetric surveys, cost planning and feasibility studies, master planning, urban and rural planning, and landscape design and environmental impact assessments. Their office is located at 2nd Close, East Legon Accra. Tel: +2330302542385
Read more from directories in Ghana
- 10 Best SHS Schools in Ghana (WAEC STANDARD) (2022)
- The List of Careers in General Arts in Ghana
- List of Television Stations in Ghana
- List of security agencies in Ghana
- List of Police Training Schools in Ghana
- List of Paramount Rulers in Ghana
- List of Military Schools in Ghana
- List of Castles in Ghana
- TCL Branch Locations in Ghana
- List of UBA Branches in Ghana
- List of Hisense Branches in Ghana
- A List of Cocoabod Branches in Ghana
- List of QNET Branches in Ghana
- List of Consolidated Bank Branches in Ghana
- The Full List of Delivery Companies in Ghana
- A Full List of Nestle Ghana Products
- List of Prisons in Ghana
- List of Advertising Agencies in Ghana (2022)
- Solar Companies in Ghana (2022)
- List of Banks in Ghana (2022)
- List of Journalism Schools in Ghana (Accredited) (2022)
- List of Airlines in Ghana (2022)
- Top 10 Mining Companies in Ghana (2022)
- Top Delivery Companies in Ghana (2022)
- Top 10 Insurance Companies In Ghana (2022)
- Top 10 Oil Companies in Ghana (2022)
- Top 20 Hotels in Kumasi, Ghana (2022)
- Top 10 Richest Pastors in Ghana (2022)
- Top 10 Cleaning Companies in Ghana (2022)
- Top 10 Bottling Companies in Ghana (2022)
- Top Security Companies in Ghana (2022)
- Top 10 Haulage Companies in Ghana (2022)
- Top 10 HR Companies in Ghana (2022)
- 10 Best Hospitals in Ghana 2022
- List of Fashion Schools in Ghana (Accredited) (2022)
- 10 Best Hangouts in Accra, Ghana (2022)
- Top 10 Investment Companies in Ghana (2022)
- List Of Travel Agencies In Ghana (2022)
- 10 Best Hospitals in Accra 2022
- Top 10 Cement Companies in Ghana (2022)
- Top 10 Highest Paying Jobs in Ghana (2022)
- List of Electrical Companies in Ghana (2022)
- Top 10 Construction Companies in Ghana (2022)
- Marketing Companies in Ghana (2022)
- Top 10 Shipping Companies in Ghana (2022)
- List of Companies in Kumasi (2022)
- List of Indian Companies in Ghana (2022)
- How to Become a Lawyer in Ghana (2022)
- Top 10 Online Stores in Ghana in 2022
- Top 5 Generator Companies in Ghana
- Top 10 Richest Companies in Ghana (2022)
- The Best Beaches in Accra, Ghana
- Top Engineering Companies in Ghana (2022)
- List of International Companies in Ghana (2022)
- Top 10 Phone Shops in Ghana & Locations
- Top 5 CCTV Companies in Ghana
- Top 10 Drilling Companies in Ghana (2022)
- Top 10 Roofing Companies in Ghana (2022)
- Multinational Companies in Ghana (2022)
- Top 10 Investment Companies in Ghana (2022)
- Recruitment Agencies in Ghana (2022)
- Recycling Companies in Ghana (2022)
- List of Chinese Company in Ghana (2022)
- Real Estate Companies in Ghana: The Top 10
- List of Ethnic Groups in Ghana & Details
- Manufacturing Companies in Ghana (2022)
- List of Energy Companies in Ghana (2022)