In this article, we are going to list the University of Cape Coast admission requirements for all courses at the undergraduate, diploma and postgraduate levels.
Every year, the University of Cape Coast, UCC releases its list of general requirements that every applicant must be met before they can be considered for admission into any of the programmes available in the university.
University of Cape Coast Admission Requirements
Below you will find the basic entry requirements for both local and international students who wish to gain admission into the University of Cape Coast
WASSCE / SSSCE Candidates
- Candidates must possess credit passes (WASSCE A1 – C6 / SSSCE A – D) in six subjects with an overall aggregate of 36 in WASSCE and 24 in SSSCE.
- Three of the six subjects should be core subjects: Mathematics, English Language, Integrated Science or Social Studies and three must be in subjects relevant to their area of study.
General Certificate of Education (GCE) Advanced Level
- Candidates should possess credit passes in five GCE ‘O’ Level subjects (including Mathematics and English. In addition, they should have three passes in the relevant subjects at the Advanced level.
General Business Certificate Examination (GBCE):
- Candidates should possess credit passes (A – D) in six subjects comprising three core subjects including Mathematics and English Language plus three relevant elective subjects.
International General Certificate of Secondary Education (IGCSE)
- Candidates should possess credit passes in five GCE ‘O’ Level subjects (including Mathematics and English Language) and three passes in the relevant subjects at the Advanced Level.
International Baccalaureate (IB)
- Candidates should have a minimum of grade 4 at the Higher Level in three subjects relevant to the field of study (minimum of grade 5 for Health and Allied Sciences). In addition, they should possess a minimum of grade 4 in English/Literature and Mathematics (SL)
American High School Grade 12 Examinations
- Candidate should have a Final Grade point of 3.0
How to Apply
Applications into the University of Cape Coast programmes are done online. Candidates are required to buy scratch cards which will enable them to apply online. These scratch cards are sold at the following sales centres.
- The Cashier’s Office, University of Cape Coast (CASH payment only)
- Ghana Post Offices at the Regional Capitals – (POSTAL ORDER payment only)
- University of Cape Coast – Accra Office, Tesano – Accra (CASH payment only)
- Kumasi Workers’ College, Kumasi (CASH payment only)
- I-J Consult, Apostle Dr. Baidoo Avenue, Off Pentecost Convention Centre Road, Millennium City, Kasoa (CASH payment only)
- All University of Cape Coast College of Distance Education (CoDE) Study Centres (Mode of payment: GCB Bankers Draft in the name of The Registrar, University of Cape Coast)
International candidates and Ghanaian candidates aboard can make payment for their Scratch cards by VISA Card and have their Scratch Card PIN mailed to their e-mail addresses.
Cost Of Scratch Cards
- Post-SSSCE/WASSCE – GH¢220.00
- Post-Diploma – GH¢230.00
- International Applicants – USD$120.00
Candidates should visit the UCC official website to begin the application process. On the website, you will find instructions that direct you on how to go about the application process.
All candidates are required to provide the following information at the back of a large EMS envelope.
- Application reference number
- Full name
- Postal address
First choice programme
Application category (one of the following: SSSCE / WASSCE or Post Diploma or Post First Degree or as specified by candidate)
Candidate should go through the application instructions as well as the content of the admission brochure thoroughly to ensure that they meet the minimum admission requirements. Candidates should also ensure that their APPLICATION REFERENCE NUMBER is on their application form as applications without that number will not be processed.
Fee-paying facilities are available to candidates who are unable to meet the cut-off points of their desired course.
Candidates who wish to be considered will have to complete and attach the fee-paying forms to their printed online application forms. Such a candidate must meet the minimum admission requirements or they will not be considered.
Note: The fee-paying forms can be picked up at the sales centres or downloaded from the University’s admissions portal). Copies of the previous year’s cut-off points for the various programmes can be found at the sales centres and on the University’s website for guidance.
School of Medical Sciences
Candidates who are applying to the School of Medical Sciences should note that the programme is strictly fee-paying. Candidates should also take note that the Graduate Entry Medicine (GEM) programme for First Degree holders will be advertised during the duration of the application.
Practical Examinations for B.Ed (Physical Education) Applicants
SSSCE / WASSCE holders who applied for B.Ed (Physical Education) should note that the date, venue, and time for the practical examinations will be communicated in due time.
Submission of Copies of Completed Application Forms
- Candidates are required to submit two copies of the completed online application forms. In addition, they should submit two copies of result slips. These documents should be sent by Post and not delivered by hand
- Copies of the completed online application forms should be sent to the Director, Directorate of Academic Affairs (DAA) University of Cape Coast, before the deadline set by the University.
- Candidates should post their application forms early enough so that it is received before the deadline for submission as application forms received after the deadline will be rejected.
- Candidates are required to submit only photocopies of certificates or result slips when submitting the completed application forms and they will not be returned. Original certificates/result slips of candidates offered admission will be inspected before registration.
- Candidates awaiting their WASSCE results must select the “Awaiting Results” option before providing examination details. Candidates who have received their WASSCE results should not select the “Awaiting Results” option but verify their results.
- All applications forms must include the following or else they will be rejected (this does not apply to persons awaiting results)
Application Reference Numbers
Two copies each of WASSCE / SSSCDE result slips or transcripts