For an admission into the prestigious University of Ghana for any of the various courses offered by the university, a student must meet up with the mandatory requirements of at least a credit pass in Core mathematics, English Language and integrated science and three optional subjects in science for a student who intends to study a science-related course. In addition, he/she must have at least a credit pass in social studies or Life Skills for WASSCE or a pass (grade D) for SSSCE.
University Of Ghana Admission Requirements (Undergraduates)
For a student who intends to study a course in the fields of arts/humanities, social or management sciences, he/she must have at least a credit pass in Core mathematics, English language and social studies and at least a credit pass in three optional subjects in arts/humanities or business. He/she must also have at least a credit pass in Integrated Science for WASSCE or a pass (grade D) for SSSCE.
Admission Requirements For College Of Health Sciences
The following are the requirements for admission into the college of Health science
- At least a credit pass in English language, Core mathematics, integrated science, and Social studies. He/she must have a credit pass in Chemistry and in any two of Biology, Physics, and Mathematics.
- For a student from the West African sub-region, he/she must have at least a credit pass from WASSCE in Mathematics, English language, Physics, Chemistry, Biology and in the subject any social science, business or humanities.
- Shortlisted students must pass the entrance examination and/or interview organized by the college.
School Of Biological And Allied Sciences
For a student seeking for admission into any of the courses listed below in the school of Biological and Allied Health Sciences, he/she must have at least a credit pass in English language, Core mathematics, integrate science and social science. In addition, he/she must have a credit pass in chemistry, physics and any of biology or elective mathematics.
B.Sc. Medical Laboratory
B.Sc. Occupational Therapy
B.Sc. Respiratory Therapy
School Of Nursing And Midwifery
For admission into B.Sc. Nursing and B.Sc. Midwifery programmes, a student must meet up with the following minimum requirements
- At least a credit pass in English Language, Core mathematics, integrated science, and social studies.
- At least three credit passes from any of the below subject combinations
- Biology, physics, chemistry, and elective mathematics
- Physics, chemistry and general agriculture
- Three general arts subjects
- Food and nutrition and two general art subjects
- Food and nutrition, chemistry, economics, management in living, French and general knowledge in art.
He/she must have a Diploma from a recognized school of nursing with FGPA not lower than 2.5
College Of Basic And Applied Sciences
School Of Physical And Mathematical Sciences
- Sc. in Physical sciences (Physics, Chemistry, Geosciences) credit passes in English, core mathematics, integrated science, and social studies. With credit pass in physics, chemistry and elective mathematics
- Sc. Mathematical Sciences (Mathematics, Statistics, Actuarial science, Computer science, Biomathematics, and Physics). Similar requirements with B.Sc. Physical sciences. However, for the electives, a student is expected to have a credit pass in elective mathematics and any other two subjects.
- Sc. in Earth sciences (Geology, Applied Geology, Applied geophysics). A credit pass in English language, core mathematics, integrated science, and social studies. With a credit pass in chemistry and any two of elective mathematics, physics and biology or geography.
- Sc. Information Technology: same admission requirements with other programmes in the college but requires at least a credit pass in any three subjects. And the maximum aggregate of 30
School Of Agriculture
The school has the same core entry requirements with other science-based colleges, however, elective requirements for various programmes in the school differ.
- Sc. Agriculture ( Animal Science, Soil science, Agric. Economics, Agric. Extension, Agribusiness, Crop science, and Post-harvest technology). Elective requirements include at least a credit pass in Chemistry and any two of elective mathematics, physics, geography and biology/agricultural science.
- Sc. Family and Consumer science (with options in food and clothing) for elective requirements, a student must have at least a credit pass in any three science or general arts subjects with the exception of Languages and Visual arts.
School Of Engineering Sciences
- Sc. Engineering Sciences (Computer engineering, Biomedical engineering, food process engineering, material science and engineering, Agricultural engineering). The engineering school has same core entry requirements with other schools in the college of science, however, it requires a credit pass in elective mathematics and two credit passes from any of physics, biology, and chemistry for elective requirements.
School Of Veterinary Medicine
- DVM (Doctor of Veterinary Medicine) this school requires at least a credit pass in biology, chemistry, and physics or elective maths. For its minimum elective requirements.
College Of Humanities
- SCHOOL OF SOCIAL SCIENCES, ARTS, AND LANGUAGES (B.Sc. Arts)
- BUSINESS SCHOOL (B.Sc. Business Administration)
- SCHOOL OF LAW (LLB)
- SCHOOL OF PERFORMING ARTS (B.Sc. Fine arts)
The college requires at least a credit pass in English language, core mathematics, integrated science, and social studies. It also requires at least a credit pass in any three elective subjects. With a maximum aggregate of 30.
College Of Education
All schools and programmes in this college have the same core minimum entry requirements of at least a credit pass in English language, core maths, integrated science, and social studies. However, minimum elective requirements differ based on the subject of specialization. The programmes offered in this college and their elective requirements are stated below
BA Education (English): Minimum credit pass in English literature and any other three elective subjects
BA Education (Non-Teaching): At least a credit pass in any three elective subjects.
B.Sc. Education (Mathematics) requires a credit pass in elective mathematics and in any other two elective subjects
B.Sc. Education (Biology) requires a credit pass in biology and any other two elective subjects
B.Sc. Education (Chemistry) requires a credit pass in chemistry and any other two electives.
B.Sc. Education (Physics) requires a credit pass in physics and any other two electives.
B.Sc. Business Admin. Requires a minimum of a credit pass in three electives with total aggregate, not more than 24.
Read more on Education in Ghana
- Ghana Telecom University Courses & Fees (2020)
- List of Accredited Nursing Schools in Ghana (2020)
- IPMC Ghana Courses & Fees (2020)
- Accra Technical University Fees for Students
- List of Scholarship Companies in Ghana
- List of Accredited Polytechnics in Ghana
- Ghana Scholarships Secretariat: Functions & Contacts
- Accra Technical University Courses: The Full List
- Nursing Training in Ghana: What’s Involved?
- Lecturers’ Salary in Ghana: See What They Earn (2020)
- List of Universities in Ghana and Their Tuition Fees (2019)
- How to Apply for Teacher Training College in Ghana
- List of Educational Policies in Ghana
- IELTS Ghana: How to Enrol, Pay, and Pass
- ICA Ghana Courses & Fees
- Ghana Technology University College GTUC (Courses)
- University Of Ghana Admission Requirements (Undergraduates)
- List of Aviation/Pilot Schools in Ghana (Accredited)
- Top 100 Senior High Schools In Ghana
- 10 Best SHS Schools in Ghana (WAEC STANDARD)
- List Of International Schools In Ghana
- Private Universities In Ghana (2019)
- List of Vocational Schools in Ghana (Accredited) 
- Top 10 Technical Schools in Ghana (2019)
- University of Ghana Courses, Requirements & Fees (2019)
- List of Medical Schools in Ghana (Accredited) 
- List of ICT Schools in Ghana (Accredited) 
- History Of Education in Ghana (2019)
- University Rankings in Ghana: 2019 Update
- Ranks In The Ghana Education Service (2019)