The University of Education Winneba Sandwich Programme is part-time programmes for teachers and other interested applicants to study in the Faculty of Education.
In this article, you will find the complete list of the University of Education Winneba Sandwich Programmes and the entry requirements for its programmes.
University of Education Winneba Sandwich Programmes
The following Programmes are available for the Sandwich Session:
- M Ed – French
- M Ed – Teaching English as a Second Language (TESL)
- M A – French Translation
- M A – English
- MA – History Education
- M A – Human Rights,Conflict and Peace Studies
- M Ed – Social Studies
- M Ed – Special Education
- M Ed – Educational Administration & Management
- M Ed – Assessment in Special Education
- M Ed – Guidance and Counselling
- M Ed – School Supervision
- PGDE – Postgraduate Diploma in Education
- PGDB – Postgraduate Diploma in Braille
- PGDSL – Postgraduate Diploma in Sign Language
- M A – Arts and Culture
- A. – Music Education/Composition
- Ed. – Home Economics Education
- M Ed – Science
- M Ed – Mathematics
- M Ed – Physical Education
- M Ed – Political Science Education
- – Economics Education
- MA – Communication and Media Studies
- PGDTLHE – Postgraduate Diploma in Teaching & Learning in Higher Education
- Ed. – Geography Education
- A. – Art Education
- A. – Ghanaian Language Studies
- Tech – Construction
- Tech – Electricals/Electronics
- M,Tech – Mechanical
- Tech – Wood
- Tech – Fashion and Textiles
- Tech – Catering and Hospitality
- A. – Educational Leadership
- ED – Teaching and Learning (Research Masters)
- SC. – Information Technology Education
- Ed. – Agriculture
- MSC – Information Technology Education
General Entry Requirements for University of Education Winneba Sandwich Programme
- Applicants should possess a good Bachelor’s Degree with Education component (eg. B.Ed), from the University of Education Winneba or its equivalent from a reputable University in the relevant field of study, or
- Applicants should possess a good Bachelor’s Degree with B.A or BSc from a reputable university
- Applicants with good first degrees from any field of study can apply for M.A. Communication & Media Studies and M.A. Human Rights, Conflict and Peace Studies programmes.
Specific Entry Requirements for University of Education Winneba Sandwich Programme
M.A. Educational Leadership And M. ED Programmes
- Applicants should possess a good Bachelor’s Degree with Education component (eg. B.Ed.), from a reputable University in the relevant field of study.
- Applicants with B.A. or BSc. degree without education must also have a Diploma in Education or Postgraduate Diploma in Education
MSC In Information Technology Education
- Applications should have a good Bachelor’s Degree (2nd Class Lower Division or better) in Information Technology Education (ITE), Information Technology (IT).
- Computer Science and any other Bachelor’s Degree in Information Systems (e.g. Business Information System, Management Information System etc.)
- Applicants with 3rd Class Degree in the relevant discipline will have to pass an entrance examination conducted by the University
- Candidates with a good Bachelor’s Degree in any subject area and who TEACH ENGLISH are eligible to apply.
ED. In Mentorship
This programme is run in the distance learning mode.
- Candidates must be a teacher mentor trained by UEW in the past Hold a first degree with education component (eg B. Ed) from a reputable University in the subject-specific area and should at least 2 years of teaching experience.
- Candidates should possess a first degree in a subject-specific area plus postgraduate diploma/certificate in education.
- Candidates should be a teacher in a basic school at the level of the principal superintendent and above in the Ghana Education Service status ranking
- Candidates must be recommended by his/her head of school.
MSC. Economics Education
- Candidates must have a good first degree (At least 2nd Class Lower Division) in Mathematics, Economics, Engineering or related programme of study at the tertiary level of education from accredited universities.
- Candidates must pass a selection interview.
M.ED. Geography Education
- Candidates should have a Second class lower or better in Geography or any related discipline.
- Candidates must pass a selection interview.
- A. Art Education
- Candidates should posses a good first degree in relevant discipline (Art Education, Studio Art, Design or Art History) from a reputable tertiary institution.
M.ED Educational Administration And Management
- Candidates must have a good first degree (at least 2nd Class Lower Division) from the University of Education or other accredited Universities.
- Candidates applying for the M. Ed Educational Administration and Management Programme must be certified educationists to be considered for admission.
- Candidates with 3rd class Honours in their respective first degrees must possess at least three years teaching experience before they can apply for the programme.
- Candidates apply for the M.Ed. Educational Administration and Management programme must have at least two years of working experience in educational administration or teaching after the first degree.
- Applicants must have a first degree in agriculture or in a related discipline with a minimum of a third-class or a pass.
- Applicants with degrees in related field such as biochemistry, biology, and microbiology can also apply.
- Applicants are required the pass the selection interview
Post-Graduate Diploma In Education
- This programme is run on Sandwich Basis and in the distance learning mode and)
- Candidates should possess a first Degree from a reputable institution.
- Candidates must have interest in teaching.
- Candidates must pass an interview.
- Candidates without Applicants without any qualification in education would be required to audit courses in education.
Post-Graduate Diploma In Teaching & Learning In Higher Education (PGDTLHE)
- Candidate must be a beginning lecturer at the University of Education, Winneba.
- Candidate must be a Master’s/ Doctorate degree holder who wishes to pursue an academic career as a teacher in tertiary institutions.
- Candidate must be a lecturer from tertiary institutions who has no formal qualifications in teaching in Higher Education.
M.ED In Teaching And Learning (Research Masters)
- Candidates must possess a good first degree (Second Class Lower or better). Teaching experience is an advantage.
- Candidate should have a second degree in a specialized subject, plus a Diploma in Education or Post Graduate Diploma in Education
- Candidates must pass the selection interview.
M ED In Political Science Education
- Candidates must possess a Political Science major (First degree) or combined Political Science with another subject, and must have attained at least a Pass.
- Candidates with a Third Class and a Pass will write an entrance examination or pass an interview or both to be conducted by the department.