Ghana’s oil and gas industry is still in its developing stage with operations in the downstream sectors, mid-stream as well as upstream.
Immediately after oil and gas were discovered in the country in commercial level in 2007, Ghana made efforts to ensure a successful regime in the oil and gas industry.
Top 10 Oil Companies in Ghana
The discovery of oil in the country has led to the establishment of various oil companies, both local and international.
Out article will take an in-depth look in the top 10 oil companies in Ghana.
This company was established in the year 1989 and it is involved in logistics services. They have the vision to become the biggest of its kind in the entire continent and over the past 23 years, the company has strived to work with their mission to provide safe, consistent and convenient solutions to all their stakeholders in the industry.
BAYFIELD OIL SERVICES
The company was incorporated in the year 2011 and it is a fully owned Ghanaian company. It was established immediately after oil was discovered in the country in commercial quantity.
They are involved in the provision of standard and unique services to the stakeholders in the oil and gas sector.
Angio is a project management company, which was established in the yeat 2009 and they are involved in the provision of project management service across the entire civil service, trading, and procurement, inclusive the oil and gas sector.
They have worked with so many clients in various fields and they are also involved in the provision of training as well as managing events.
The company is involved in the management and supply of fuel to its clients through the provision of great services delivered at a competitive price.
The company was established in the year 2005 and one of the objectives of the company is to fulfill the need of their clients in the area of door to door delivery of fuel in tangible amounts.
Since establishment of the company, they have taken their place as one of the leaders in the area of supply of fuel for commercial purposes.
EBONY OIL AND GAS
This company is involved in the distribution of oil and gas in bulk and they have a license issued by the National Petroleum Authority, which gives them the permit to export and import petroleum products for commercial use in the country.
They also have the license to export petroleum finished products to other African countries, especially Mali and Burkina Faso.
Ebony also possess a permit to extend their distribution services to the upstream sector.
This is an internal oil and gas firm established in the United States of America, incorporated in Bermuda and they have offices in Ghana, Suriname, Senegal, and Mauritania.
They have the permit to operate at the offshore in Ghana.
Distinguished by an increase in production, balanced exploration portfolio and a network of development opportunities, the company has the drive to produce and the passion to explore.
GHANA OIL COMPANY
The GOIL incorporated initially as a private company in the year 1960 as AGIP Ghana and the company was initiated with the objective to market petroleum products, especially fuels, bitumen, lubricants, fuels as well as other special products in the country.
The main business the company is in the distribution and marketing of petroleum products across the country. And the larger part of its sales is derived from the sale of gasoline and diesel. With the Managing Director as the head of the company, it is managed by a group of the 10-member team.
STAR OIL COMPANY
The company was incorporated in the year 1998 as an oil marketing firm. The company used the opportunity created by the government through the policy of divesting the state-owned ventures and also the deregulation of the oil sector in the ’90s to cater for the larger part of the market that was not served by the OMCs existing at that time.
They have the mission to operate facilities that handle the storage and marketing of oil products across all the districts in Ghana in a way that is considered cost-effective and more efficient.
It is the oldest oil marketing firm in the country that is owned by private investors devoid of any foreign participation.
ANTLIS OIL AND GAS
The company is a limited liability company that has its focus on the midstream and downstream operations across the world.
Antlis was incorporated in 2015, within the scope of the laws of Ghana with the Certificate number of incorporation CS646012015. The company has been operating with the structure geared towards the achievement of status as a bulk oil distribution company.
This is the 1st refinery in the country that is privately operated. It was established in Ghana in the year 2014 as borne out of a wide experience in oil explorations in Europe.
They have their refinery in Tema, which is the most industrialized city in the country. Platon Gas was given the license as a private liability company in 2014.
They are involved in the production of RFO, diesel, naphtha.
The company’s investment in Ghana is about $10million with additional plans to make more investment over time to improve the economy of the country.
The company is one of the top gas manufacturing firms in the country and it is located in Takoradi, which is a major oil production area in Ghana. The company was established in the year 1992.
Since its establishment, the company has been involved in the production of top quality products for the numerous industries they serve.
With branches in Tema, Kumasi, New Abiremi and Kenyasi, Takoradi gas continues to strive to take their products closer to the clients they serve at different parts of the country.
The company’s truck fleet is one of the most reliable in the country and they have been able to perfect delivery of their products to all their stations across the country.
Read more from directories in Ghana
- 10 Best Hospitals in Accra 2022
- Top 10 Cement Companies in Ghana (2022)
- Top 10 Highest Paying Jobs in Ghana (2022)
- List of Electrical Companies in Ghana (2022)
- Top 10 Construction Companies in Ghana (2022)
- 10 Best SHS Schools in Ghana (WAEC STANDARD) (2022)
- Marketing Companies in Ghana (2022)
- Top 10 Shipping Companies in Ghana (2022)
- List of Companies in Kumasi (2022)
- List of Indian Companies in Ghana (2022)
- How to Become a Lawyer in Ghana (2022)
- Top 10 Online Stores in Ghana in 2022
- Top Delivery Companies in Ghana (2022)
- Top 5 Generator Companies in Ghana
- Top 10 Richest Companies in Ghana (2022)
- The Best Beaches in Accra, Ghana
- Top Engineering Companies in Ghana (2022)
- Top 10 Bottling Companies in Ghana (2021)
- List of Advertising Agencies in Ghana (2021)
- List of Airlines in Ghana (2021)
- List of International Companies in Ghana (2022)
- Top ICT Companies in Ghana and their Locations (2021)
- Top 10 Insurance Companies In Ghana (2022)
- Top 10 Phone Shops in Ghana & Locations
- Top 5 CCTV Companies in Ghana
- List of Banks in Ghana (2021)
- Top 100 Senior High Schools In Ghana (2021)
- List of Fashion Schools in Ghana (Accredited) (2021)
- Top 10 Drilling Companies in Ghana (2022)
- Top 10 Roofing Companies in Ghana (2022)
- Multinational Companies in Ghana (2022)
- List of Banks in Ghana and Their Interest Rates (2021)
- List of Journalism Schools in Ghana (Accredited) (2021)
- Top 10 Investment Companies in Ghana (2022)
- 10 Best Hospitals in Ghana 2021
- List Of Travel Agencies In Ghana (2021)
- Top 10 Oil Companies in Ghana (2022)
- Recruitment Agencies in Ghana (2022)
- Recycling Companies in Ghana (2022)
- List of Prisons in Ghana
- Top 10 HR Companies in Ghana (2021)
- List of Chinese Company in Ghana (2022)
- 10 Best Hangouts in Accra, Ghana (2021)
- Top Security Companies in Ghana (2021)
- Real Estate Companies in Ghana: The Top 10
- Top 10 Mining Companies in Ghana (2021)
- List of Ethnic Groups in Ghana & Details
- Top 10 Cleaning Companies in Ghana (2021)
- Top 5 Biscuit Companies in Ghana (2021)
- Top 10 Haulage Companies in Ghana (2021)
- Manufacturing Companies in Ghana (2022)
- Top 10 Richest Pastors in Ghana (2021)
- Top 10 Investment Companies in Ghana (2021)
- Solar Companies in Ghana (2021)
- List of Energy Companies in Ghana (2022)
- Top 20 Hotels in Kumasi, Ghana (2021)